I always forget how to do this. This little sample will help me next time:
type = UNLISTED
socket_type = stream
protocol = tcp
wait = no
user = root
bind = 0.0.0.0
port = 80
only_from = 0.0.0.0
redirect = 172.16.1.219 80
- This file goes in /etc/xinetd.d/my-web
- For this to work, the service must exist in services or the type must be UNLISTED
- The bind address is 0.0.0.0 to listen to all addresses on the server. If you want to limit it to listen on a specific IP, like localhost, enter an IP address instead.
- Port is the port it is going to listen on.
- Redirect is the destination ip and port.